Our Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) is operated by Strathclyde Pension Fund. It has over 210,000 members and £20bn of investments and is one of the two biggest LGPS funds, one of the top 20 UK pension funds and one of the top 50 European pension funds.
Lots of information on your Local Government Pension Scheme is available on the Strathclyde Pension Fund website.
Additional Voluntary Contributions
You can support your pension by becoming part of the Additional Voluntary Contribution (AVC) scheme or Shared Cost Additional Voluntary Contribution (SCAVC) scheme. Employees considering this option should first of all have a look at frequently asked questions on NLC AVC and SCAVC with Prudential.
If you do want to apply contact the Prudential on 0345 600 0343 or visit www.pru.co.uk/localgov
Once you have set up the AVC or SCAVC with Prudential you then need to fill out the NLC SC(AVC) application form .
Attend a workshop on one of life’s biggest transitions
Online workshop – pre retirement planning
To support colleagues approaching retirement we provide for colleagues pre-retirement planning workshops to encourage a positive and realistic approach to a financially secure retirement, helping you to make informed choices about your retirement.
All colleagues considering retirement within the next three years will benefit from attending a workshop.
- What actions and choices need to be considered in the lead up to retirement with pension plans
- What the State Pension may provide and when
- What are the key considerations to take into account with savings and investments
- What needs to be considered to combat inflation
- Understanding tax allowances on savings and investments and how to maximise availability of these allowances in retirement
- Understand the next steps and where to receive further guidance and regulated financial advice
Pension type – Local Government Pension Scheme
- Tuesday 26 March from 09:30-12:00
- Thursday 6 June from 09:30-12:00
- Tuesday 24 September from 13:00-15:30
- Thursday 7 November from 09:30-12:00
- Thursday 12 December from 13:00-15:30
Pension Type – Teacher Pension Scheme
- Thursday 22 February from 16:00-18:30
The session will be on Microsoft Teams.
You will be able to access it by clicking a provided link.
Please click here to register.