Active NL colleague offer
Active NL offers fantastic opportunities to get fit and active. The discounted membership applies to all Active NL gym and leisure facilities including the Time Capsule and access to the fun pool.
With hundreds of classes to choose from, you can look and feel good for just £15 per month. Plus you can add one additional adult at further £15 per month as well as any teens at the existing rate of £7 per month.
- Get start by checking out all the venues and their offerings here
- or by checking out the class finder here.
They’ll provide you exactly the information you’ll be after on your fav venues or activities.
Weigh to go!
Weigh to Go is a free 15-week programme of supported weight management. Classes include a weigh-in and education workshop, followed by a low impact exercise class. A different topic is covered each week which aims to increase your knowledge about how to live a healthy lifestyle.
- Find out more here .
Lots more ideas on getting active for free include …
- Get walking more with local route suggestions.
- Try out the very popular NHS Couch to 5K programme. This is a nine week support programme with clear steps set up with guides, weekly podcasts and an app to assist you reach your targets.
- Strathclyde Parkrun is a weekly, free 5km timed run held on Saturday mornings at Strathclyde Country Park!
- Jog Scotland offers free membership to local and fun jogging groups. The friendly jogging groups are perfect for people who want to get active for the first time, or more experienced runners who want to exercise in a sociable, supportive environment. Nobody is “too slow” to join Jog Scotland, and nobody gets left behind!
- Find out about greenspaces activities near you.
- Home workout videos for all levels of fitness you can do at home with no equipment.
Thinking of exploring a bit further
Check out some of our famous scenery and culture on foot and by bike with the below guides
Top tips for staying mentally fit shared by Owen O’Kane, NHS Mental Health Clinical Lead.